If you are getting a message that states an update is available, tap Install Now on your device.
You can also follow these steps:
- Plug your device into power (if your device is under 50%) and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Input your password (if any) and await installation to complete
Update your device using your computer
If you can’t update wirelessly on your device, you can update manually using a computer that you trust. If your computer is using Personal Hotspot on the device that you’re updating, connect your computer to a different Wi-Fi or Ethernet network before you update.
- On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Locate your device on your computer or in iTunes.
- Click General or Settings, then click Check for Update.
- Click Download and Update.
- If asked, enter your passcode and await update completion.